Author Topic: Cornwall  (Read 334 times)

Offline KernowGym

• New clicker
Cornwall
« on: 06 July, 2018, 01:16:01 »
I saw there was a recent meet in Bude, i have just got into Kendama's is anyone from Cornwall or Plymouth area?

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
  • Royalist. 2xBrit Champ. BKA mover. IKO'16 champ.
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
Re: Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: 06 July, 2018, 12:15:27 »
Hi @KernowGym ,
Welcome to the forum! If you check out the Member Map at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=googlemap , you'll see a couple of pins near Plymouth. However, I'm not sure that those 2 players are still active. A bit further North, there is a scene in Exeter, and in Bristol too. You should add yourself to the map - maybe someone will find you. I met a few of the Bude players when I went down there, but sadly, I don't think any of them joined the forum.

Meanwhile, what's the trick you're trying right now that you've nearly got?
If you don't want to buy my books, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Offline KernowGym

• New clicker
« Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2018, 00:58:07 »
I think i actually knew of you on a yo-yo forum my username was either hyuukai or voidofsilence i cannot remember which, i am a proper noob the tricks i land take so many attempts, i have done a couple ken flips and lighthouse then flipped it into spike thats about as far as ive got

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
  • Royalist. 2xBrit Champ. BKA mover. IKO'16 champ.
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2018, 17:39:15 »
@KernowGym Ah, Hyuukai rings a bell. Sad to have seen the yo-yo forum die. :-(
Anyway, welcome to the numbers of yo-yoers-turned-kendamaists. Sounds like you're doing okay so far. Keep going, and use your knees more. I always recommend the grading system tricks as a good place to start, to get a solid grounding. http://kendama.co.uk/tricks.html
Anyhow, click on, and have fun.
If you don't want to buy my books, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal