Author Topic: Sunrise Edit 3  (Read 5061 times)

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
  • Royalist. 2xBrit Champ. BKA mover. IKO'16 champ.
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
Sunrise Edit 3
« on: 21 March, 2012, 20:45:56 »
Jeffrey just uploaded this. Lots of crazy stuff in there - I'm not worthy to be in this...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Offline KendAlex

• 5th Dan / BKA#80
  • Combination King
  • Moshikame record 2713
    • Facebook
    • Supernog73
    • KendAlex
Re: Sunrise Edit 3
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2012, 21:09:02 »
thanks the Void,

Yes you are worthy to be in here, i'm very glad you and Grant did send over some tricks.
thanks for share.

Cheers

Offline FilthyTown

• Swing-In King
« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2012, 22:22:19 »
This was so awesome!  You are all amazing.  Jeffrey has blown my mind with his creativity.

Oh and are those mini Sunrise?!

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2012, 13:11:03 »
I love the move at 3m25, Alex. Jeffrey - the Clifftop to Moon, and the Whirlpool Descent/Monkey's Chair are great. So much other good stuff too. Definitely one to re-watch a few times.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Offline SamB

• 4th Dan / BKA#54
  • Combination King
    • srbradley
    • srbradley
« Reply #4 on: 22 March, 2012, 13:37:56 »
So so so good! Such creativity. I always love Donald's tricks. But the whole thing blew my mind. Really raising the bar.
Whirlpool Descent/Monkey's Chair are great.
What's this? Is that the last trick because that was so awesome. Also the spacewalk gunslinger/fingerflip/pinwheel thingy about 4:50 was so cool.
It's nice to be reminded that it's not just all 1-upping on double/triple somersaults and stuff, the possibilities really are infinite (and I didn't believe the website when I first read there were over 1000 possible tricks!)
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #5 on: 22 March, 2012, 14:12:12 »
Whirlpool Descent/Monkey's Chair are great.
What's this? Is that the last trick because that was so awesome.
Yes. Descent is mentioned briefly in Spike.

Offline pascoe

• Spiker
« Reply #6 on: 22 March, 2012, 15:54:21 »
Really enjoyed this edit, every trick was amazing. Void I don't know why you think you don't belong in this video, Using two kendama's takes some serious hand eye co-ordination. This edit is pure creativity!
I have a habbit of only being able to put my kendama down after i have landed a trick.

Offline AlexSmith

• 3rd Dan
  • Space Walker
    • @htimsxela
« Reply #7 on: 22 March, 2012, 18:19:07 »
Most amazing edit of the year, by far. The creativity in this is next level, I've already watched it 3 times. Grants string tricks never cease to impress me, I love that sort of stuff. Everyone in this killed it though, you should all be proud. Makes me want to put a new edit out...

Offline Winter Solstice Kendama

• Moshi Maniac
« Reply #8 on: 22 March, 2012, 22:01:01 »
Most amazing edit of the year, by far. The creativity in this is next level, I've already watched it 3 times. Grants string tricks never cease to impress me, I love that sort of stuff. Everyone in this killed it though, you should all be proud. Makes me want to put a new edit out...

This. All of this. I was going to post this if you or Ruisch didn't Void, such a friggin ridiculous edit. I'm gonna head home and fap to it a bunch more.

-Curtis

Offline LarsVegas

• 1st Dan / BKA#15
  • Space Walker
  • Calibastra Kendama Crew
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: 25 March, 2012, 08:51:07 »
I think I don't need to comment on the technical level - that's simply mind-blowing.
So just a remark on the intro: The backlighting and fading into another sequence is absolutely great. It matches very well with the title ("Sunrise" Edit 3).

lars
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Offline donald grant

• 2nd Dan / BKA#2
  • Global Moderator
  • Space Walker
« Reply #10 on: 26 March, 2012, 12:01:15 »
'Tis a great video, and I'm very happy to be a little part of it!

Many thanks to you all for the nice comments, much gratitude to Void for filming my bits and sending them over to Jeffrey, and of course to Jeffrey and Alex for raising the bar once again.

Sorry I didn't have time to film any more recent stuff, been busy doing the "other thing" that I do (I'll post a link in the off-topic section for those non-jugglers amongst you!)

And thanks to Sunrise too, looking forward to Edit 4!

Donald

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal