News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Quote from: donald grant on 17 January, 2016, 01:16:39
Nicely done, void. And that video line was great, really tight.
Meanwhile, in my rainy hotel room I got reverse one turn body - 360 rover - in.

Hey Donald, that's great, you always were fresh with the DBs, I'm a big fan of Rev 1-Turn to get into Dead Body, only manage a 180° Rover though, the full thing is still way beyond me. Nice work!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 17 January, 2016, 01:16:39
Nicely done, void. And that video line was great, really tight.
Meanwhile, in my rainy hotel room I got reverse one turn body - 360 rover - in.
Thanks, and niiiice! So, ...... are you getting to grips with that lens on your new tablet yet?
Quote from: KenSan on 17 January, 2016, 14:29:03Starting to get to grips with lightening drops. Still not spiked the aeroplane catch but got one to lighthouse :o Seeing Yamahi924s effort I see I have a ways to go before I make them look that effortless!
Cool. I found getting my eye in on that fast-spinning catch of the tama (and not the string) was pretty tricky at first. (And still fairly tricky).
Oh, and no "e", btw, it's "lightning". #pedant
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Damn spell check doesn't pick that up!

Yes keeping sight of the tama is very tricky. I was practising over the rug in the back room so as to avoid destroying the laminate floor and the kendama or anything else in the vicinity for that matter!
I don't imagine I will ever be able to do double or triple with out taking my face off!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

HansNickmans

Had a long session this evening and managed to get:

- Slip grip to lighthouse (and in). Thanks to @kendamatty for explaining it to me last BKO (with the grip in the cups). I finally got it :)
- Wingwalker to lighthouse (without the in). I saw Matt Nix do that one in the best trick at EKO 2013. At that point, it seemed impossible, so it's a great feeling to get it today. Consequently, my wingwalkers are becoming more consistent :)

Kendama Belgium!

donald grant

Cheers, guys. Today I finally managed to visit the ontrack kendama shop in Hong Kong. The most ridiculous kendama collection I've seen: a full set of "the Boss", a full set of all musou (yes even the baseball team one) really mad! Played for a while with Sean (Shaun?) who kindly hooked me up with a Deal With It setup, gave him my white Royal, then headed off to the local juggling meet to play diabolo for a few hours.
Back and knackered in the hotel now. (More dead bodies today: 1 turn to no hole, and a rather nice 1turn string pull lighthouse to reverse body, trade spike)

The Void

Nice Winging it, @HansNickmans !
Tried some of @donald grant 's twisted Dead Rovers last night. No joy. Instead, here's one for @the milky oolong :
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Good one, void! (nice to see Marky Jay training hard in the background too :))

Last night I managed to hit infinity slinger moon circle. Made me happy!

shalafi

Today I recorded tricks number 2 and 3 for Outlink. I have ideas for a few more, we'll see how it goes...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Today I was happy to see that shalafi has instigated a revival of Outlink, went out to land the first trick, and got this one down for Void: what do you think about these 'pressure' style inward switches? I suppose this line could go on indefinitely, but I'm not so hot at anything above 2-Turn Jumping Sticks at such a pace:

Kendama Berlin

The Void

Oh, interesting. So, a Late Turnover with a slight downwards push before the grip change? Is that done for style/effect, or for an element of control? I'll have a little play later, cheers!

the milky oolong

I started messing around with them a few weeks ago and now I can't stop switching around grips in this manner. It's easy to do slowed down, the fun part is linking tricks and kind of 'insta-switching' grips out of them as soon as they hit home. Well, it keeps me entertained, anyway!
Kendama Berlin

The Void

Well, if you're having fun with grip changes, try the ones in the opening clip of http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2414.0.html :)

the milky oolong

Great fun re-watching this, the final trick was crazy too! Loads of great ideas in there, thanks, Void.
Kendama Berlin

The Void

No worries, and thanks.
I had a play with your Pressure Turnovers, and found them doable, with a lot of "sink". Not sure, for me, that they're worth the extra energy expended. :) Click on.

LarsVegas

Quote from: the milky oolong on 23 January, 2016, 12:29:43
Today I was happy to see that shalafi has instigated a revival of Outlink, went out to land the first trick, and got this one down for Void: what do you think about these 'pressure' style inward switches? I suppose this line could go on indefinitely, but I'm not so hot at anything above 2-Turn Jumping Sticks at such a pace:

Cool, I had to repeat the video several times to understand what you are doing. At HD (720p) it's easier to see.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion