News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 01 February, 2016, 14:03:26
Quote from: donald grant on 01 February, 2016, 07:24:12
Was having a bash at the BKO tricklist,  especially the more unusual ones. Somehow I managed to get penguin slip on stick, penguin earth turn, penguin earth turn to spike.
Is that one combo, or three? Nice.
Something like this, @donald grant ? Wasn't sure how you went about the last bit. I went for a flat tama throw, but it was a bit unruly, so I had to Stab. That Penguin ET was awkward and a half....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Nice one, Void! The stab looked good too (much better than my boring old pen grip spike :))

My weird one for today was bird side turn over the valley, reverse turn in.

KenSan

Nice one @The Void I liked the aggressive down spike! Sorry stab!

Looked at the advanced BKO trick list today (briefly) and I got hanging one turn lighthouse and managed to get captain hook to one turn aero 8) 23 more to go ;D
Just to clarify as Ive never tried captain hook before. The ken handle does rest against your other fingers which steady's it whilst its hanging from your pointer hook finger, correct?

The Void

It may, or it may not. Up to you.
Given different sara-do heights and wood densities, it probably makes sense not to try to enforce non-touching.

And well done!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

The Void

shalafi

Nice one @The Void I really like how that trick flows.

Catching up with this thread. Looks like @donald grant has been doing some crazy stuff.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

donald grant

Cheers, Shalafi. It's been the coldest for 60 years, and the wettest January since records began here in Hong Kong! Been stuck in my hotel room far more than is healthy :)
Last night was double juggle to lighthouse, falling down. This morning, swing to common grip cliff top, earth turn in. Also practising the IKO list, just in case..... :)

shalafi

Today I re-recorded outlink #3 and recorded outlink $4, I also got a plan for the next 2 at least :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

This wasn't actually today, but here's a quick one of these...

And actually today, I ran the #IKO2016 list, and failed to get a simple Moon Landing while the kettle was boiling.

the milky oolong

Today I came up with a new Swirl 1-Turn Aeroplane exit, catching the ken with an outward swiping motion as per Penguin UFO, and I'm also wondering if The Void perhaps wishes we all had better dental hygiene.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

If you don't get the reference, I guess you missed my reply to your thread... http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2295.0.html

the milky oolong

No, I got it, just didn't realize it'd become a 'thing'!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Today I...
- Did an #IKO2016 run-through
- Couldn't find my white Mugen. It's here somewhere, I'm sure....
- Got a postcard from Hong Kong. Thanks Donald!
- Did my first 6th Dan practice run since October 22nd. (Not really enough space/light in my house, and the cold/wind/winter light/rain kept me from going outside.). I managed to get as far as.... well, actually all the way through, which was a nice surprise. Didn't expect that. It was tough though, with lots of 9th/10th attempt passes.
- Enjoyed the pecan plait and coffee which I felt I deserved.