News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New Mugens!

Started by Misterwhang, 08 June, 2013, 13:10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterwhang

I saw this on the Gloken website, they are doing an auction for the new Mugen Kendamas! They posted a picture of the new colors and they look pretty sweet!!!  ;D
Here is the link:

http://www.gloken.net/gloken-en/new-mugen-project/mugen-auction/

BKA

The mugens for auctions are the old models.

BrandonYoder

also, if i am not mistaken..the auctions have already ended this morning.
winners will be announced tomorrow in japan time. (which i think is late tonight in ohio time)
but don't quote me on it! ha

BKA

Misterwhang

Ohhhh thanks for the clarification

oyoyoy

The auction money is supposedly to go towards restarting Mugen, so hopefully this kicks them off in a big way. I'm surprised prices for OG Mugens haven't fallen a bit now that people know more are coming. But given that the new ones will be redesigned, the old ones will probably always retain their status.

BrandonYoder

Does anybody know of a rough release date for the new mugen?

HansNickmans

Test play of the new Earth Blue Mugen Musou. By Tamotsu Kubota. Looks great!

Kendama Belgium!

Kev

Interesting turn of phrase in the video, "making tricks easier than ever" - is this what we want? (Not me!).

That tama is a beautiful colour though (and normally I can't stand blue).

The Void

Hmm, the spike looks a little bit long...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

... And there seems to be a hole in the base cup...
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

primechicken

Kev: Don't forget that "making tricks easier than ever" might just be a poor translation. Not necessarily exactly what they meant. I like to think it was supposed to mean something along ~~the kendama is so high quality and perfect, that you can stomp any trick you want :)

Dimensions: The hole in the base cup was part of the design. Apparently it is meant for balance and sound.EDIT: from the gloken page: Kazuma and GLOKEN designed the Mugen Musou carefully. The dimensions, the sizes of the cups, the shape of the string hole or the slip grip, are decided in order to make tricks easier than ever.
- The hole in the base cup is the net result for balance and the sound, not for attaching the base.
As well as a hole for the stand that is coming with the Earth blue Mugen Musou's (From what I've heard the stand won't be coming with the new mugens after the Earth blue release though)

Personally I can't wait to shred the new Mugen, and am excited to try out some innovative designs from such a respectable craftsmen as Kazuma.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong about the hole for the stand. I was also not aware that its slightly larger than JKA size but I'm stoked that it's going to be so unique!

AlexSmith

I've played with a jumbo version of the new Mugen, while it was a jumbo, it still played well. Excited to get my box from GLOKEN!

The design does indeed make some tricks easier. Curved cup rims for birds, and a smaller slip stall for 4 pt balances. They're made to be super playable.

Oh yea, the one thing everyone keeps forgetting (or doesn't know?): the Mugen Musou aren't JKA competition sized. They're sliiiightly larger, in between JKA size and Terra Omega size.

PikWik

lol, no one is mentioning prices so i guess theyre pretty expensive... :-\

while i would love to have one of these new mugens, im thinking their a tad outside what id pay for one ... or am i mistaken and these are cheaper ($30-$40)? anyone care to comment on the price of these?

Dimensions

GLOKEN said all details (along with the kendama itself) will be released in October
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6